As experienced Lake District Wedding Photographers we have seen it all. With experience comes knowledge and in this blog post we wanted to share a few tips for stunning preparation wedding photographs;
- Wear the right thing – when getting ready it’s important that you wear something comfortable and that isn’t too tight that could leave marks on your skin. Feel luxurious and comfortable in a pretty dressing gown or maybe matching pyjamas for the bride and bridesmaids. Remember whatever you wear it needs to be easy to slip out of when your hair, makeup and nails are done.
- Shoes Shoes Shoes – Don’t forget to take the stickers off the bottom of your shoes and check the bridesmaids too! It might also be worth taking a second pair of shoes if you are planning on going outdoors for some of your pictures, as this may involve walking and heading off the beaten track to get some great shots.
- Tidy your room – No one will expect your room to be really tidy with you and your bridesmaids getting ready but try to keep things organised and put things you don’t need away in wardrobes. the pictures will look so much better without plastic bags and piles of clothes lying around, and although your lovely wedding photographer will do his best to keep unwanted clutter out of the picture, any help ail be appreciated!
- Ignore the Camera – The idea of having a camera around when you are getting ready can seem daunting but in fact you’ll be so busy with your preparations that you’ll soon forget we’re there. You don’t need to pose or stop what you’re doing during for these reportage type shots, so just relax and go on with what you are doing, and any awkwardness will soon disappear.
- Don’t Feel You Have to Smile – You’ll probably be feeling a bit nervous as the ceremony approaches, and that’s entirely natural. An important part of my job is to tell the story of your day as it happened, and catching the different emotions ass they flit across your face is an important part of it. During the course of the morning you’ll probably rum through the whole range of emotions and I’ll try to capture them all – lost in thought, nervous, laughing with the bridesmaids, or crying with your Mum, they all help tell the story of the day. You’ll have plenty to think about while you’re getting ready, but one thing you don’t need to worry about is whether you’re wearing the right smile!